My timing belt broke and we retimed and replaced the belt...

Q: My timing belt broke and we retimed and replaced the belt. And it will crank and idle but when u put it in drive it won't go

asked by on February 04, 2018

My timing belt broke and we retimed and replaced the belt. And it will crank and idle but when u put it in drive it won't go even when u push the pedal to the floor

If there was no loss of power prior to this incident, a possibility is the new timing belt is mispositioned. You can check for that indirectly by measuring intake vacuum at idle. If intake vacuum is below the low end of the factory specified range, the likelihood is the valve timing is wrong. If the problem is not a mispositioned timing belt, the recommended diagnostic would be a loss of power diagnostic and simply running through that diagnostic methodically will reveal the cause. YourMechanic offers a mobile engine loss of power diagnostic and you can request and schedule service at the foregoing link if you want a certified mechanic to resolve your issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.