Q: Erratic idle 2005 Ford Mustang

I'm having an issue with my car. Sometimes when idling, it drops the Rpms a little and I can feel and hear it when it happens. I have no idea what it could be and my car seems to be running fine. I also sometimes smell like a burnt smell coming from the exhaust when I step on the throttle hard and it sometimes makes a rumbling noise too. What can cause these problems?

You may be feeling the a/c compressor engaging and should have the a/c system checked for problems with the compressor pulley bearing. If a/c is okay then you may have another issue with the water pump or one of the pulleys on the engine.

3. Erratic idle 2005 Ford Mustang