Q: 1992 Ford Taurus won't go into gear

When I put my car in gear, the transmission will not go in gear. I can't get the car to move at all.

A: Though the information provided on your For...

Though the information provided on your Ford Taurus is a bit limited, I can make a first suggestion that will hopefully lead us in the right direction. While attempting to shift out of park, carefully feel the gear selector as your remove it and then select reverse. You should feel the actual gear selector move from one position to another. The gear indicator may not match up to the gear you are trying to select, so try each notch and see which can get your Ford to move. If you are successful with moving the car during this test, then we can conclude that the problem may lie with the indicator selector being worn out. However if trying this test leaves your Taurus motionless, then you may have a more serious problem on your hands. For all transmission concerns, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic to come over and diagnose your transmission issue. They will have the knowledge and tools needed to identify why your Ford is not able to move when you put it into gear. They will also be able to assist you in making the necessary repairs to get your Ford shifting correctly again.