Q: Car leaking antifreeze and overheating

My car is leaking antifreeze. The hose came off recently, though it still looks good. I am thinking either the thermostat or radiator cap is the issue. The temperature gauge doesn't register that the car is overheating.

A: If the vehicle isn’t overheating you probab...

If the vehicle isn’t overheating you probably just have a coolant leak somewhere. If left unattended however, your vehicle could run out of coolant and subsequently overheat. Overheating can lead to extensive engine damage, so I recommend addressing this issue as soon as possible. I would start by having a cooling system pressure test performed on your vehicle. This test pressurizes the system to pinpoint the leak. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can perform this service for you and make the repairs necessary to resolve your overheating issue.