Q: Like to change the transmistion fluid in the tranfer case.

How can I change the transfer case fluid and what type of fluid do I need?

Hi there. On the bottom of your transfer case, there should be a large hex plug. You will need a special hex tool like a large allen wrench to remove the plug. Put a drain pan under the plug and drain out all of the fluid. Then put the plug back on and tighten it up. Then you will see the same type of plug above that plug. This would be the fill plug. Remove the plug and fill it up with 75W-140 synthetic fluid until it begins to slightly pour out. Then put the plug on and tighten it up. When you are done, I recommend putting a line across both plugs with a paint marker. This makes sure that during inspections you can see if the plugs have came loose or if they are still tight. If you need further assistance with changing your transfer case fluid, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Like to change the transmistion fluid in the tranfer case.