Q: ran out of gas on a 2015 dodge ram. won't start. lights are on. but won't turn over. did i burn out my fuel pump?

asked by on February 06, 2017

truck wont turn over. ran out of gas. - 29 weather. put fuel in, antifreeze, plugged it in. took of positive from battery and left off for 10 mins. lights on but radio and interior aren't on

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1182.22 Get a Quote
Fuel Filter Replacement $83.13 - $270.56 Get a Quote

If the engine is cranking but will not start, it is entirely possible the fuel pump has gone bad. Gasoline actually acts to cool and lubricate the fuel pump and it is pumping the fuel. Run it dry and it certainly can overheat and/or grind itself up. Have a certified technician check into the no start condition to be certain the fuel pump is the issue. If a fuel pump replacement turns out to be the fix, make sure the fuel filter replacement is performed also.