Q: 2002 Honda Civic wants to shut off when stopped

We have a 2002 Honda Civic with 140,000 miles. I've noticed when I come to a stop, it seems like the car want to die. What should I do?

For something like that, start with my video "how to fix the car that idles poorly." Try everything in that video. Take off the clam into the intake and the engine, spray throttle cleaner, clean the throttle up, and check for vacuum leaks. A lot of times, that will fix it. If not, sometimes they need new idle air control valve. Unfortunately on Hondas, they are very expensive because you are buying the throttle unit and they don’t sell them separately. But a lot of times, cleaning them fixes them up right. If you want to have this looked at, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your stalling issue.

3. 2002 Honda Civic wants to shut off when stopped