Car not going in reverse

My car won't go in reverse and won't go faster than 40 MPH. There was a recall for my car for the transmission. How much will it cost to fix this if it is not covered by the recall.

I see several technical service bulletins (TSB) regarding your transmission. However, the only transmission related recall is for the torque converter, not the transmission itself. The initial symptoms of a faulty torque converter would not be the ones you are having. Unfortunately, it does indeed sound like a replacement transmission is needed in your near future. I suggest giving the professionals at YourMechanic a call. They will be able to inspect your transmission to see exactly what is going wrong.