Q: I spray painted my chrome wheels flat black a while back and now I want the paint off! Help?

I spray painted my car chrome wheels a flat black a while back and now I would really like the chrome back. It's November so the temperature outside is roughly about 40°F ...any suggestions? I started using carb cleaner but there's got to be a better way!! :'(

Hi there. The best stuff to use to remove paint off chrome is Rust-Oleum Aircraft Remover (a paint remover for aircraft vehicles). The remover is very powerful, so you will want to cover the paint on your vehicle with cardboard and tape to keep the remover from touching it. Then, rub the remover all over the rims and let it sit for a little bit to work on the paint. If your paint is really thick, then let the remover sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then you can use a rag or pressure washer to remove the paint and remover from the rims. Re-apply the remover if there is still some paint on the rims until all of the paint is off. Then, put mothers polish on the chrome and before you wipe it off, fluff flour (for baking) all over the rims. This will remove the wet spots and make your rims shine like brand new (even better than new).

• I spray painted my chrome wheels flat black a while back and now I want the paint off! Help?