Q: My car shows the check engine light, the computer showed code P0455, and it shakes and vibrates at stops and during acceleration.

My car shows the check engine light and the computer showed code P0455 and it shakes and vibrates at stops and it shakes when I accelerate and today when I started it, it had a rough start it was shaking and sputtering after I put gas in it and started it up. Also I replaced the gas cap so I know the code cannot be from the gas cap

First, remove and reinstall the gas cap, clear the code P0455, and drive the vehicle for a few days and see if the code comes back.

If the code comes back on, then either the gas cap needs replaced or there is a evaporative leak around the fuel tank area. Check all of the fuel lines, hoses, and tubes and see if there is any wet areas.

If all of the lines, hoses, and tubes are tight, then the purge valve maybe damaged and leaking. If you need further assistance with your emission system leak detection, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My car shows the check engine light, the computer showed code P0455, and it shakes and vibrates at stops and during acceleration.