Q: steering failure.

Driving on the motorway steering on the car failed almost completely. Heard a slight knocking beforehand, after failure nothing. Wheels barely responded to full turning of the wheel. A week ago got repairs done. Front drivesaft removed and reassembled. Inner tie rod replaced and steering rack boot. Could these repairs potentially account for this failure. Many thanks. J

If the inner tie rod were to break or come loose, there is a chance steering the vehicle would become very difficult. Hire a technician to inspect the previous work done as well as check for new damage that may have caused the loss in steering. Your can hire a YourMechanic technician to come to your location and inspect your vehicles steering system on site.

3. steering failure.