Q: Check engine light flashing, sucking fuel, procrastinating when accelerating...

Did a complete tune up,still running horrible.sucking down fuel, procrastinating when accelerating,super loud.throwing codes for a misfire on the 6th cylender, check coolant level, thermostat, coolant thermostat sensor.mechanic shop in town is not to be used with the aluminum.They cleaned all the grease out, put the plugs and coil packs back,replaced the intake manifold.ran like it was brand new for 2 days then it started the same thing.like you have to gun it to get the car to go, but once you're going you're good.pulled the coil pack off cylinder 6 and switched it with cylinder 2.That's all we did and it ran like new for 2, then the same thing.We are at a complete loss.Didn't unplug battery to reset check engine light, it turned off by itself...

This is a very odd set of symptoms. I would suggest ruling out any fuel-related issues as the poor fuel economy and lack of power could be related to faulty sensors like the throttle body sensor, mass air flow sensor, etc.

I would recommend checking for any trouble codes again after swapping the #2 and #6 coils since this did not fix the problem, but should have registered new data in the computer.

A Check Engine Light diagnosis by a qualified mechanic is a good next step.

• Check engine light flashing, sucking fuel, procrastinating when accelerating...