Q: How do you operate the hazard lights?

How do you operate the hazard lights?

If you are ever stranded on the side of the road, you’ll need to use your hazard lights to warn other drivers of your presence. Depending on where you live, it may also be legal to use your hazard lights during severe inclement weather (torrential rain, for instance). Here’s how to use them:

1. Locate the hazard switch on the dash.

2. Push the switch to turn on the hazard lights. All four turn signals will start flashing.

3. Push the switch again when you need to turn off the hazard lights.

Tips

• Your hazard lights work even if the engine is off. They will continue to flash until the battery is drained of energy.

• If driving with your hazards on, use caution. Your turn signals are disabled as long as the hazard lights are flashing.