Q: My brake light stays on - 2004 Infiniti QX56

My bearke light stay on why

Hi there. Check the brake pedal brake light switch to see if the contacts are closed (meaning the switch is engaged) with the pedal all the way up. It is possible that the brake pedal has moved down a little to engage the brake lights to the vehicle. If you are referring to the brake light on the dash (indicator light), then check the parking brake handle for the sensor that it has. This sensor tells the computer that the parking brake is applied and may shut the engine off to prevent damage.

Look to see if the sensor is engaged. If the sensor is not engaged, then I recommend replacing the sensor. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can help you determine why your brake light is on and suggest the necessary repairs.