Q: Check Engine Light was on with a gas smell. I took it to the dealer.

dealer said i need a new fuel pump. How do i know they diagnosed it correctly and what should i ask them. I am picking the car then will decide after i hear from you and what you recommend

A: I would ask what codes they found and how t...

I would ask what codes they found and how they determined the fuel pump was the cause. They likely diagnosed the pump by measuring fuel pressure. You didn’t say what kind of Hyundai you have, but generally, fuel pressure should be between 45 and 50 psi. Anything less indicates a fuel delivery problem, the most common of which is a failed pump. If you decide you’d like a second opinion, YourMechanic can diagnose your vehicle and replace the fuel pump if need be.