Q: My car has only misfired twice but idles perfectly. The Check Engine Light is also on - 2012 Buick Regal

I have only had the car for about 6 months. it has only misfired twice. It idles perfect. I have replaced the MAF and the Cam intake but the the engine light is still on. My mechanic says it is the timing chain. How much with parts and labor would it be to repair?

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, concerning your vehicle’s Check Engine Light and two misfires, it is advisable that you get a second opinion. A timing chain problem would cause your vehicle to have a consistent drivability issue. Not knowing what code is being stored, it is difficult to determine what direction you should go for repairs. I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, determine why your Check Engine Light is on and why the car is misfiring.