Q: Front brakes grinding after brake pad replacement on a 98 Ford Windstar 3.0L

I replaced the front brake pads yesterday in my 98 Ford Windstar 3.0L. When I test drove it afterwards there was a pretty loud grinding sound whenever the brake is applied. I seated them in and the grinding is still there. It starts grinding whenever I apply the brake. The rotors looked and felt fine. The calipers looked good too. The new pads went in without any issues. I don't know what else it could be

I have seen where some of the more less expensive semi-metallic brake pads have real rough spots of material in the pad and will make a grinding noise when braking. This is normal for these pads. If noise does not go away after or get less in a couple days and noise is excessive then have parts store replace the pads with a higher quality pad for you.

3. Front brakes grinding after brake pad replacement on a 98 Ford Windstar 3.0L