Q: Car won't start even though starter and battery tested good

My car will not start. I had the starter tested and it was good. In addition the battery checked out as okay, and had a charge of 87 percent. The electronics work fine, though when I try to start the car, I lose all power. It comes back after two to three minutes.

Hi there. This sounds like an electrical issue your truck is experiencing. A bad connection will cause a surge of power just like the one you have. If your electrical system has a bad ground it will cause this sudden loss of power. Though your battery maybe holding a charge it is still not out of the question as a possible problem in your electrical system. A battery is capable of holding a charge and not pushing out the amperage needed for start up. Your starter and ignition coil in combination draw a heavy amount of current which may not be receiving its sufficient amount of energy. I would strongly suggest having a mechanic diagnose your starting issue with the proper tools needed for an accurate solution.