Q: I have a nail in my tire, its pressure is at 23. Should I put air in it until I get to the shop in the morning?

asked by on November 09, 2016

Nail in my tire

Should I get wider tires for my car?

Tire size is one of the most common changes that people make to their cars. You can purchase tires that are taller, shorter, wider or skinnier than the factory tires. Many people make these changes simply based on cost when...

Service 4 wheel drive light is on

Hi there. A faulty solenoid or motor on the transfer case, an inoperative front differential actuator, or simply a bad switch could all cause the 4WD light to illuminate on your dash. It's a good idea to have an inspection...

Slip Indicator Light Wont Turn Off

This is likely a result of hitting the median. There are wheel speed sensors on each of your wheels that monitor wheel speed. This is then relayed to the ECU which engages the slip indicator light and system. When this...

Car sounds like golf cart when revving and braking; also leaking fluid; sound fades as car warms up

Hello, There are a number of things that could make an engine noisy when starting up. Depending on the specific type of sound you are referring to, this will determine how to properly diagnose. If there is a bit of...

Car will not move when in gear but will shift in gear and turn the tires when jacked off the ground. 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier

Hi - I am afraid you have a broken gear or shaft in the drivetrain - specifically in the transmission assembly. The jerky motion, but without real rotation of the wheels, indicates something in either the transmission (gear set, shaft)...

car stall s and the trac off come on

Hi there. Most of the time the trac off will come on when there is a powertrain problem. This can be voltage related or it may have a crankshaft position sensor that is failing among other parts. I usually start...

My truck won't shift out of first gear.

This may be a sign of low transmission fluid or a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car's computer activates a transmission...

2004 Trailblazer. The check engine, service 4wd, abs and parking lights all came on and my heater quit working.

Claimed by Kevin Gainer

What Suspension Components Are Most Likely To Fail

The suspension on your vehicle was designed to give you the best combination of comfort, reliability, and performance. Depending on the manufacturer, the suspension can be fairly simple or it can be very complex. Your suspension can consist of a...