Q: problem starting engine

I am having trouble starting the car where it would initially start, but after a few seconds, the car would rattle and the engine would turn off.

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 2011 BMW X5. This may be a variety of potential issues but most likely related to a fuel delivery problem. Try checking idle air control module which regulates the air flow intake at idle. This is a common failing part on many vehicles and is usually an easy quick fix. Are there any Check Engine Lights on? If so, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair. A certified technician can also come inspect your starting problem and make any necessary replacements.