Q: Was driving this morning and car just stopped in the middle of the road.

Dashboard lit up battery seat belt unbuckled and other things can't remember. I lost my power steering as well got it down the road almost back home it died again . again no power steering. Went back out started up fine no problems. Was wondering it it's alternator or belt causing not enough voltage for car.

A: Hello, it sounds like you are on the right ...

Hello, it sounds like you are on the right track. When you lost power steering and probably air conditioning then you probably lost a belt. When this happened, the alternator also lost power because the belt broke. The vehicle is not able to charge or run the electrical system after the battery has been drained with no alternator. For more help, YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your serpentine belt.