Q: 2001 jeep laredo..was driving down highway and it quit. It will crank but won't start. Already new fuel pump gas tank

Was driving down the road and it just quit. No notice no warnings..has new gas tank and pump about 6 months..battery is good and it cranks but won't start..fuel pump is working..can't be alternator is battery is charged..what is the problem?

Hi Joyce. Thanks for contacting us today. If an engine stalls while driving and will not start-up again, it’s usually caused by a fuel system or ignition timing component. If the fuel pump is new, then it’s likely that a mass air flow sensor or damaged throttle body might be the source (on the fuel side of things). With the ignition timing system, a crankshaft or cam position sensor failure can also cause this type of problem to occur. I think the best way to diagnose this problem would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection. This will permit them to locate the source of your problem so the right repairs can be completed.

3. 2001 jeep laredo..was driving down highway and it quit. It will crank but won't start. Already new fuel pump gas tank