Q: Coolant leaking from exhaust manifold area (behind the engine)

I was driving one night and noticed my temp on my car was going up so i pulled over and realized i had no more coolant in the radiator and well.

I topped it off and went home, once i got home i checked under the car and saw that coolant was leaking from under the car.

i went down under and saw the leak coming from the back of the engine i think its the exhaust manifold area.

Is this a blown head gasket or a crack on the block? Any suggestion is appreciated.

A: Hi there. Before we condemn the head gasket...

Hi there. Before we condemn the head gasket or cylinder block, we need to consider that the coolant may be coming from another location. This could be a hose, throttle body, thermostat, water pump, heater hoses, or freeze plugs. A pressure test on the cooling system will reveal the leak location and a repair can be assessed from that point. Having a qualified technician perform an inspection will relieve you of the task of properly pressure testing and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a coolant leak inspection.