Q: My 05 equinox is overheating. Refilled coolant reservoir this morning for the reservoir was empty, but I cant find any coolant. Now heater is blowing cold.

When I drive the dash says overheating and heater is blowing cold. I refilled the coolant yesterday and it ran fine but the reservoir was empty this am. I've read it could be thermostat, the heater core, head gasket leak, or just a coolant leak but I haven't found any coolant....

Hi there. If the engine is overheating to almost at the red line but not there, then the issue would be the thermostat and leaking out the blow by hose. If the needle is going into the red line, then the coolant could be leaking out of a freeze plug and burning off on the exhaust or leaking into the engine causing the oil to mix. Check the engine oil and see if it is milky. If the oil is milky, then there is coolant getting in the oil through the intake gaskets or the head gaskets. If you need further assistance with your engine overheating, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.