Q: Car making noise like something is loose.

My car starts, but makes a noise like something is loose.

A: I would have a technician inspect the car f...

I would have a technician inspect the car for the noise. If something is loose it could be dangerous to drive.

Q: AC makes hissing noise on a 2000 Dodge Durango

If it's actually hissing, it must have a pretty big leak. You can try adding some refrigerant and it might work. But, if it's hissing, it's not going to last long because it has a pretty big leak there. Knowing...

Q: Overheating

Overheating can be caused by a number of things such as low coolant levels, a faulty thermostat, a clogged radiator or a failing coolant fan switch. As you may know the coolant fan switch helps to maintain the proper coolant...

Q: Thermometer replacement

Yes, the original equipment (OE) thermostat is designed to open at 195 degrees, so you chose the right one. Those other ratings are alternate temperatures designed to keep your vehicle running at a different operating range that OE. For example,...