Q: Car making noise like something is loose.

My car starts, but makes a noise like something is loose.

I would have a technician inspect the car for the noise. If something is loose it could be dangerous to drive.

Q: Fuel spills out when fueling, even if the tank is near empty. What's happening?

Hi There, What you are describing sounds like you may have a faulty purge solenoid in your EVAP system. Your car has a small purge valve called a purge solenoid that controls the venting of fumes from the fuel tank...

Q: Gear shifter moves without holding brake.

This could be an issue caused by a faulty neutral safety switch. This switch is what prevents the shifter from being moved without pressing the brake pedal. Enlist the help of a professional from YourMechanic to take a look at...

Q: I have had the water pump and the thermostat replaced and it's still overheating

You should have the cooling system checked to see if the cooling fans are coming on when the engine is up to operating temperature and also when the a/c is turned on. The cooling fans have two speeds and both...