Q: Car making noise like something is loose.

asked by on December 21, 2015

My car starts, but makes a noise like something is loose.

I would have a technician inspect the car for the noise. If something is loose it could be dangerous to drive.

Car stopped moving suddenly, gears stuck

Hello there. This type of fault is not uncommon. There are a few different faults that would cause this on your 2000 Cadillac Catera, but since the engine runs properly the fault most likely lies with the transmission in some...

Suspension woes.. power steering leaks, noises heard when driving

Hello, we will be happy to help you get rid of those woes. I'm assuming that the tire fell off which would cause a lot of damage especially to the side that contacted the ground. There's likely some broken or...

My car keeps having hiccups will driving and at a red light it revs up

Erratic engine speed is often referred to as "surging" or "hunting". The causes include a faulty idle air control valve or circuit (IAC), a faulty ECM (not common), faults in the fuel pump control circuit, defective spark plug(s) or ignition...