Car will not start after replacing battery and alternato...

Q: Car will not start after replacing battery and alternator

Just replaced battery and alternator. When alternator was replaced the support bracket was not put back on... the next day I turned the car off and it wouldn't start. It started but onlu stayed on a few seconds and died.. after the third time it wouldn't even turn over.. does the missing support bracket have anything to do with it?

The support bracket is a structural element and therefore must be installed to maintain proper alignment of the alternator. However, as far as its temporary omission being a possible cause of the no start, it has nothing to do with the problem. If you started with a fully charged, new battery and you are now presently at the point where the battery is so discharged that the vehicle starter motor won’t function, that could signify a failure in the charging circuit. I would recommend that you request a charging system diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.