Q: Q: Noise from front driver's side.

I have a noise coming from the front driver's side of my car. I am not sure what it is.

Without hearing the noise it will be hard to make an accurate diagnosis of the cause but there are several things that can be done to eliminate or highlight possible causes. First is determining the type of noise and conditions under which the noise occurs. This is done by answering a few questions about the noise and the conditions under which the noise occurs. Does the noise happen in drive and/or park? What speed ranges does the noise occur? What type of noise is occurring (Squealing, grinding,popping, etc.)? Is the noise affected by engine RPM changes? Does the noise occur due to road conditions (i.e. bumps and undulations in road surface)?

Now, there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that Ford has out on a known popping issue for 2006-2009 Mercury Milans. The document is TSB 08-18-4 and it provides a fix for a front suspension popping sound or creaking sound coming from the top of the front strut mounts at slow speeds. The repair requires putting an approved lubricant on the contact points between the front strut mounts and body. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who has the proper training and equipment to find the cause of the noise and carry out the proper repair.

3. Q: Noise from front driver's side.