Q: New front pads & rotors (2mths) and hear a grinding noise when coming to a slow gradual stop. What could be causing this?

When coming to a slow or gradual stop I hear this grinding noise. The same noise I heard before I had my new front brake pads and rotors installed. I purchased new pads and rotors had them installed 2 months ago and the noise started 1 month after new installation. It's so loud it sounds like something is going to break or snap in a minute. I took it back to the place where I had the new ones installed and they double checked installation and said the new brakes and rotors are good and that some rotors and brakes just makes noise depending on the type or brand. You can only hear the noise from the inside of the vehicle. They couldn't hear from the outside, so I had to drive with them in the car so they can hear the noise. They checked them again and said they were good. Just the type of pads and rotors purchased. Is it normal to only hear this noise from the inside of vehicle? Very concerned especially when about to go out of town for the holiday. Please help! What do you think this is

Hello, thank you for writing in. The last technicians that worked on your vehicle are not wrong. There are certain types of brake pads that will make a squealing noise when the brakes are applied. These are typically made from a metal composite material. You can always research the brand they put on and find out more about the brake pads. This would give you a good idea of what you should reasonably expect. Are the brakes exhibiting any other types of symptoms? If there is any sponginess in the pedal, shaking or vibrating, hard stops, or other symptoms then there may be more cause for concern. In situations like these, if you are expecting to drive the vehicle a longer distance in the near future, it is recommended that you get a second opinion. Our technicians can dispatch to your home or office.

3. New front pads & rotors (2mths) and hear a grinding noise when coming to a slow gradual stop. What could be causing this?