Q: Idle 3000 rpm minimum!!!!!

Antecedents: Car was running normal. Battery had not charge. I had to replaced alternator. Also I had to repair Radiator. I replaced belts. I replaced tensioner bearing. Car was in the drive way for a month. When I crank it up, revs were 3000 at once, a lot of corroded water was expulsed by the moffler tube. Where the throttle cable ends in the Trottle asembly, that piece you can control the idle, I can try to close it with my hand I can have the 800 rpm. But it was not like that before the alternator problem. What could hapend?

Hi there. In most cases, a high idle issue is caused by a vacuum leak or a stuck throttle or idle control valve. The vacuum leak typically occurs after service, when a vacuum line will be removed and not replaced while servicing a vehicle. If I were in your situation, the first thing I’d do is check all vacuum line connections and if the idle control valve is functioning correctly. If everything checks out, contact a professional mobile mechanic to complete an engine is idling high inspection.

3. Idle 3000 rpm minimum!!!!!