Q: My engine is flooding and its idle is VERY rough.

My car has a very rough idle and I was told that its flooding with fuel. I have tested the MAF and that doesn't seem to be the problem. I've replaced the thermostat, the ECT, and multiple other things that I was told would fix the problem but none of it has fixed it. I need to know what is wrong with it and how to fix it because its been through 2 mechanics that have many years experience and they couldn't figure out the solution. Please help me figure out this problem.

A: If you pull the hose off of the fuel pressu...

If you pull the hose off of the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail with the injectors, then have someone turn on the key without starting the engine to see if fuel comes out of the regulator top port where you took off the hose. If fuel came out, then replace the regulator. After the regulator is replaced, then replace the oil and filter.