Q: My car is shaking and turns off if i dont keep giving it gas its needs a tune up so what do i need to buy and can i do this myself

My car would turn off if u wasnt giving it gas at a stop light and shakes when im stopped i was told it needs a tune up so what do i buy for it and could i replace everything myself or i do i have to go to a mechanic

Hi Jay. Thanks for contacting us today. There are several possible reasons why your Olds Alero is having these problems. While routine maintenance and service are important, it might not resolve your symptoms. Whether you can do it yourself depends on your experience and access to correct tools. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection first, so they can isolate the root source of the symptoms, and go from there. If you’d like to look up what service is due for your vehicle based on mileage, you can look it up on our scheduled maintenance tool.

3. My car is shaking and turns off if i dont keep giving it gas its needs a tune up so what do i need to buy and can i do this myself