Q: previous owner snatched shifter out ouf park very hard now shifter will not go back to park var will not start 2007 cadillac

2007 Cadillac shifter was snatched out of park shifter will not go back to park car will not start

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is designed to start only if the vehicle is in park. This is so the vehicle will not move immediately once its started. When it comes to resolving the issue, you are able to check the shift linkage going to the transmission from the shift knob, and you are able to see what gear the transmission thinks its in. You may also be able (depending on whats wrong) manually switch the automatic transmission into park where the shift linkage connects. If you cannot resolve the problem this way, the vehicle needs to be inspected by a transmission specialist. For more help, contact our service department about scheduling.

3. previous owner snatched shifter out ouf park very hard now shifter will not go back to park var will not start 2007 cadillac