Q: Ticking noise

asked by on July 20, 2016

When I accelerate or decelerate there is a ticking noise it sounds like a card hitting spokes on a bike it's coming from under the truck towards the front in the middle do you know what this is?

Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.17 - $573.33 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1193.90 Get a Quote
Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1141.02 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a few different faults can cause the vehicle to have this ticking noise. The most common faults would include an issue with the flywheel, belt tensioner, alternator, water pump, or engine mechanical issue. I’d recommend getting some help from qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the noise and perform any repairs required.