Q: Crossed spark plug wires? 1997 Jeep Cherokee

I was told I have crossed spark plug wires is this the same as the wrong firing order. Meaning I have the cylinder one wire in the cylinder to spot or is thus a way of saying the wires are going bad

Hello - "crossed spark plug wires" means simply that your plug wires are not attached to the plugs and/or the distributor in the correct firing order. Your cylinders are numbered 1 to 6, front to rear on your engine. The firing order for your engine is 1-5-3-6-2-4. the distributor rotates in a clockwise fashion looking at it from above. Check your plug wire order by first looking at where the plug wire from cylinder #1 on the engine goes on the distributor. Then looking clockwise at the distributor at the next wire in the rotation, be sure it goes to cylinder #5, then look clockwise one wire position on the distributor and make sure that wire goes to cylinder #3, and so on. Make a drawing of where all the wires are NOW attached and where they go before moving anything!

3. Crossed spark plug wires? 1997 Jeep Cherokee