Q: Car jerking when accelerating

asked by on February 04, 2016

My vehicle died while driving. It has gas and a good charge on the battery. I suspect the fuel system. I had previously had a Check Engine light on for a few days, but it went off. It has been running and idling rough for some time now.

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

There are countless potential causes for your problem. The first step is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) associated with your Check Engine Light. This code provides a starting point for the diagnostic procedure. Regardless, any testing will have to be performed when the vehicle is in the act of stalling. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair your acceleration issue.