Q: Car jerking when accelerating

My vehicle died while driving. It has gas and a good charge on the battery. I suspect the fuel system. I had previously had a Check Engine light on for a few days, but it went off. It has been running and idling rough for some time now.

A: There are countless potential causes for yo...

There are countless potential causes for your problem. The first step is to retrieve the diagnostic trouble code (DTC) associated with your Check Engine Light. This code provides a starting point for the diagnostic procedure. Regardless, any testing will have to be performed when the vehicle is in the act of stalling. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose and repair your acceleration issue.