Q: Front End Thumping Noise

Rhythmic (with wheel rotation) thumping sound coming from the front end, particularly noticeable (noisy) when coasting and when turning sharply. Started a couple of weeks ago as a faint (dog bark-like) sound when braking and turning. Repair shop said they're not convinced that the problem is a wheel bearing(s) and could not reproduce sound on a rack in the shop. They checked the front end linkage, wheel hub wobble, etc. and nothing is loose or abnormal.

Hi there:

At first glance, I’d believe this noise is caused either by faulty wheel bearings or perhaps a warped brake rotor. However, it is very difficult to duplicate a road noise issue inside a shop or on a rack. This is why it’s always best to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection so they can road test the vehicle first before inspecting parts to determine what is causing the noises you’re experiencing.

3. Front End Thumping Noise