Q: 99 Chevy S10 shakes at 35-45 mph

I have a '99 Chevy S10 4.3 V6. Between 35 and 45 mph, the truck will begin to shake and shimmy. What could it be?

A: The first thing you should do is check your...

The first thing you should do is check your tires for balance. It can be that the tires are just out of balance. That’s a very common thing. You’d want to pray that the tires are out of balance or that perhaps one of the rims is dented and you hit a curb.

Sometimes on those, it’s the automatic transmission starting to go out. If that’s the case, it isn’t just the steering wheel but the whole vehicle which shakes. They cost a fortune on those S10’s. That’s one of the big reasons people get rid of them, because the transmissions cost a lot. So have a good mechanic come and check your front alignment and your tire balance first.