Q: Brake lights stay on 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

When the key is off no brake lights, when key is on all three brake lights stay on. I unplugged the plugs underneath the truck in the back that goes to the brake lights when they are unplugged the brake lights go off except the third brake light stays on

Hi there - I believe your brake light switch is either sticking or mis-adjusted, resulting in the brake lights remaining on after the brakes are used. Turning the ignition switch to the "Off" position removes power to that circuit, and the brake lights go out. I would recommend having your brake light switch replaced by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Brake lights stay on 2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500