Looking at buying new rims, different centre bores and of...

Q: Looking at buying new rims, different centre bores and offsets.

asked by on October 25, 2016

My current tire/rim setup: Tire: 205/60R16 Rim: 6.5Jx16 ET40 (Width of 6.5", Diameter of 16", Positive offset of 40mm) PCD: 5x114.3 (5-Lug pattern with circle diameter of 114.3mm) THD: M12 x 1.5 CB: 67.1

What I want to switch to: Rim: 6.5Jx16 ET45 (Width of 6.5", Diameter of 16", Positive offset of 45mm) PCD: 5x114.3 (5-Lug pattern with circle diameter of 114.3mm) THD: M12 x 1.5 CB: 64.1

Difference of 5mm positive offset and 3mm centre bore. Are these issues?

Hi there. You can change the rims on the vehicle and the 5mm offset difference will not make much difference with the mounting and clearance with anything. Keep in mind, when changing a wheel from 40mm offset to 45mm offset then there could be an issue with the drivability of the car at highway speeds and cornering. If your rims have TPMS (tire pressure monitoring sensors), then you will want to switch them over to the vehicle and you may get a tire light. If you get a tire light, you will need a technician at a tire shop reset the light for you.