Q: Tire pressure light came on while driving to the airport.

Parked my car at the airport and checked tires. Didn't notice any pressure issues. One scuff on the right front tire but not sure if it's new. Wondering if I'm going to come home to a flat tire...

A: Your tire pressure system uses sensors in e...

Your tire pressure system uses sensors in each tire to signal the pressure in the tire. The sensors are known to go bad and will cause the system to see it as a pressure loss. This does not mean you have a bad sensor for sure but it is a possibility that you have one and not an actual leak in the tire.

When you return you will know what’s at fault once you notice if the tires held their air or if there is a flat tire caused by an actual leak.

Just driving on the highway to the airport, one tire may not be within 3 psi of the other tires after they got hot. You may just need to adjust tire pressures to be more even once you return.

If you’re unable to pinpoint the cause, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the Tire Pressure Light and help you fix it accordingly.