Q: How do i reset the computer after i change the crank shaft position censor?

asked by on December 20, 2016

My vehicle is idoling really high when i am just sitting and if i pull up to a light it acts like it wants to turn off... When i first start car in morning i let it warm up the electronis throtle light comes on blinking i then turn car off and back on and it goes away... the engine light stays on though

To reset the check engine light you can disconnect the battery via the negative battery terminal and let the vehicle sit for an hour before reconnecting the battery. This will drain all of the power from the electronics and clear any short term memory. A failed crankshaft position sensor will generally cause the vehicle to stalls when it’s running or cause the vehicle to not start at all. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look at your rough idle concerns and run a few tests to offer a more personal diagnosis and estimate the proper repairs.