Q: Can I drive with just one lug nut loose on one tire? The nut is stripped so I cannot take it off. But 3 out of 4 nuts are on tight

Can I drive with one lug nut loose on one tire? It's stripped so I cannot take it off. How far can I drive!?

A: Hi there. I've seen many vehicles on th...

Hi there. I've seen many vehicles on the road with a lug nut missing and it does seem to work. However, what these people are unaware of is that improper/uneven wheel nut torque is a major cause of brake vibrations. The uneven/improper torque can cause the brake rotor/drum to warp. If the lug nut is loose, only drive it if you need and get the stripped nut replaced as soon as possible. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine if more than the lug nut needs to be replaced and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a check wheel nuts inspection.