Q: Q: 2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop.

2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop. Jerks every 500 rpm starting from 0 up to 2000. Doesn't happen when i put it in slap shift on 2nd gear and higher. What is wrong?"

Hello, thank you for writing in. There may be several components you will have to inspect before you find the issue. You will want to start with the distributor cap. Make sure it is clean and dry inside. Jerking when accelerating is often related to moisture accumulating in the distributor cap. It causes malfunctions with the spark plugs and can cause misfiring. A vacuum leak can also cause similar symptoms. This can be tested several ways, and if doing it from home you will want to find a method that matches the tools you have available. Further testing is needed.

3. Q: 2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop.