Q: Green AC oil coming out of the condensation line after recharge

AC was blowing warm, hooked up a can of refrigerant, psi read 15psi, charged with compressor engaged to around 40psi. Air then was cold. came out 15 min later green slime all down frame and on ground. No visible leak at fire wall , no visible leaks anywhere else but out of drip tube. Recharged a day later after 10 min drip becomes green and psi slowly drops. Evaporator? ORINGS? any help is greatly appreciated.

A: If you are seeing the green oil dye coming ...

If you are seeing the green oil dye coming out of the A/C evaporator drain tube then you most likely have a leaking evaporator or expansion valve on the evaporator. The green dye can be seen using yellow glasses and a black light.

You can have the refrigerant reclaimed and remove evaporator. Use a black light and yellow lens glasses to find the leak on evaporator. Before you do this, I'd also suggest using the light and glasses to look over the entire system to see if there are any other leaks present. Make sure to check compressor and condenser good.

If you need some help with these checks consider enlisting a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic. They will be able to help you diagnose the source of the leak and make the necessary repairs.