Q: Steering wheel locking. A recurring problem.

I am encountering the same steering trouble as I've encountered before, the steering wheel locks.

Steering issues on any car is a most serious concern, but this is especially so when the steering wheel locks or binds. There is a Technical Service Bulletin, information directly from the Kia dealership for this vehicle that deals particularly with steering issues. In this TSB, it is recommended that a certified mechanic replace the power steering fluid with an updated fluid that will alleviate difficulty with the steering. I see it mentioned that this steering problem has been present before, so it is possible that the power steering fluid has indeed been replaced and the problem may lay elsewhere. If this TSB is not the issue behind the problem, there can be several reasons why steering issues are happening to your Kia Amanti. The most common culprits may be that the power steering pump is failing and/or the rack & pinion is failing as well. A certified technician will be able to thoroughly inspect your steering system, pinpoint what the problem is and help you get your vehicle back on the road.

3. Steering wheel locking. A recurring problem.