Q: I am pretty sure my front wheel bearings are going out on my 2010 escape. What is the estimate cost to replace both?

asked by on February 13, 2017

I hear a crunching sound when I hit a bump in the road. Having had this issue with previous vehicles I am sure it is the wheel bearings

Wheel Bearings Replacement $94.60 - $550.03 Get a Quote

A wheel bearing will not make a crunch sound on bumps but the shocks or struts and sway bar bushings will. I have also seen lower control arms and ball joints make the noise. Try to bounce the front end by hand with vehicle off to see if you can duplicate the noise so you can pinpoint the noise and what is the cause. You will find it is not the wheel bearings on this vehicle but the sway bar bushings are bad.

To have the origin of the noise pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a wheel bearing noise diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If the wheel bearings are the cause of the noise, the repair process would commence right away. Generally, with wheel bearings the noise is a constant and does not appear only when bumps are encountered. If the noise you are hearing is not caused by faulty wheel bearings but rather a suspension component, the mechanic will pinpoint the origin for you and let you know of the required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.