Q: When accelerating from standing stop engine hesitates

Accelerating when driving on road acts normal only balks from standing stops,

A: I would recommend checking the mass air flo...

I would recommend checking the mass air flow sensor as this is a commonly known part that can cause this kind of loss of power. This regulates the air intake into the fuel injection and ensures a proper air/fuel mixture.

As you may know, when going up hill and altitude changes, so does air density which requires a change in the air/fuel mixture. When this sensor is faulty and this does not happen, you will likely experience this kind of loss in power.

I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your car’s running condition.