Q: my truck has a whine on acceleration around 1700 rpm, what is it?

i dont hear it all the time, but when im traveling about 25 i will hear it on accell, and i will hear it again around 40 and 60, also only on accel. usually aroud the same rpm

A: The noise is most likely coming from a bear...

The noise is most likely coming from a bearing in the transmission. The noise is created when you put pressure on it under acceleration. I would need to hear the noise to be sure but this is common on this vehicle. Only an overhaul of the transmission and parts will correct the noise you’re hearing.

If you’d like a second opinion on this, feel free to get some assistance from a qualified technician who can diagnose the sound firsthand to confirm my suspicion.