Q: Turning of more than 1/2 circle of the steering wheel causes gunk gunk gunk sound

I have checked the sway bar bushing, replaced the sway bar link, control arm & bushing, and motor mount within the last 2 years. What is most surprising is this happen after the install of the coilover within 1/2 a year. When I have the car on the jack, this noise can not be heard. Then I went to move the wheel 12 & 6 with no extra movement. But on 9 and 3, there is a slight movement on the inner tie rod. When I go from the hood area to try moving it, it feels solid. I looked at the rack and pinnion and I don't see any leak from the bottom or from the top. The steering wheel does not feel heavy turning. Its just the noise gunk gunk gunk which is loud. Is the problem the gearbox. This car model the hatchback CIVIC SI has a plaguing issue with the tie rod when the car is lowered. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the tie rod being too short or long.

My guess is that the strut mount/bearing is worn or binding. Strut mount/bearing wear can intensify with the installation of a lowering kit. The tie rod connects into the strut assembly, which is turned on the bearing every time you move the steering wheel. I recommend having a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, listen to the noise in person for definitive answer.

3. Turning of more than 1/2 circle of the steering wheel causes gunk gunk gunk sound