Sloshing in my dash and dripping from my dash scion xd 20...

Q: Sloshing in my dash and dripping from my dash

asked by on October 24, 2017

I hear a sloshing sound in my dash when I make turns and my passenger side dash is leaking on the underside. The floorboard carpet is soaked. The fluid is colorless and odorless, so it appears to be water, condensation maybe? Idk. Just bought the car last Friday.

It sounds like you may have a leaking heater core. The heater core is a small radiator like unit that circulates the hot coolant from the engine through the heater core which then uses this warm coolant to heat the inside of the car with the help of the blower motor that blows the warm air through the vents inside the car. The other possibility is that the thermostat may not be allowing the engine to reach a normal operating temperature and since the engine’s warm coolant is the essential source of the heater core supplying heat to the inside of the vehicle, this can impact the warmth of the heat inside the vehicle. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your heating system.